The City of Arlington recognizes the importance of diversity in our community. We aim to encourage policies, activities and thought-provoking discussion which support cultural understanding, mutual respect and inclusiveness.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are an active process that requires continuous commitment to promote healthy people, healthy communities and the overall success of present and future generations.
Leadership Snohomish County Programs
Leadership for Racial Equity Program https://leadershipsc.org/lscprograms/lfre
Step Up, Moving Racial Equity Forward Conference, April 30, 2021 https://leadershipsc.org/step-up-conference
Leadership Snohomish County is excited to host the 5th annual Step Up: Moving Racial Equity Forward Conference on April 30, 2021 from 8 am - 5 pm PST. Step Up 2021 is a virtual conference designed for participants to gain deeper understanding and new perspectives about racial equity and social justice in society and their workplace. Participants will leave with innovative and USEFUL tools on how to address systemic racism in their respective organizations and institutions that will be applicable across business, government, and non-profit sectors. Adults and youth from all backgrounds and experiences are welcomed and encouraged to attend.
The conference is intended to offer a variety of workshops for people with diverse interests and different levels of knowledge and experiences. A variety of solution-based workshops cover a variety of topics including how to address institutional racism, implicit bias, and microaggressions. Attendees will also explore decolonization of education, the intersection of race and LGBTQIA people, systems change, and more.
- Peoples Institute Northwest for information on the undoing Institutional Racism workshops: https://www.pinwseattle.org
- Government Alliance for Racial Equity a great resource for government: https://www.racialequityalliance.org
- GARE Racial Equity tool kit: https://www.racialequityalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/GARE-Racial_Equity_Toolkit.pdf
- Providence Institute for Healthier Communities Livewell Local an on line local resource for health equity: https://www.pihcsnohomish.org/livewell/health-equity/
- Center for Social Inclusion & Race Forward another great national resource for racial equity: https://www.centerforsocialinclusion.org
- Families of Color Seattle. Great parent resource and they presented: https://www.focseattle.org
- Crossroads has fantastic resources under their learn more section with tools and other highly recommended readings, etc: http://crossroadsantiracism.org/
- Anti racism project has resources on their website: https://www.antiracismproject.org/resources
- Another parent resource: http://www.raceconscious.org/
- Racial equity tool kit developed by city of Seattle: http://www.seattle.gov/Documents/Departments/RSJI/RacialEquityToolkit_FINAL_August2012.pdf
- Racial Equity Tools: offers tools research curriculum, etc: http://racialequitytools.org/index.htm
- Safe School a resource for teachers: https://www.safeatschool.ca/resources/resources-on-equity-and-inclusion/racism/tool-kits-and-activities