Smokey Point Blvd Corridor Project
To plan for growth in Arlington, the City of Arlington is designing improvements to Smokey Point Boulevard from 174th Place NE to 200th Street NE. These improvements will support future growth and help create a community corridor for small businesses and residents. We are currently in the design phase of the project and working to finalize design concepts that will improve safety, reduce congestion, and increase opportunities for access and development within the neighborhood.
The City is nearing the final stages of design for the Smokey Point Blvd Corridor, we would like your opinion on the style of street amenities you would like to see along the corridor. Starting today, July 14th, a survey will be open for two weeks, closing July 28th at midnight, with three design options for street amenities. Please visit https://arcg.is/1WaiTO to access the survey and help with completing the design of the Smokey Point Corridor.
Click here to receive email updates on this project.
The phase 2 online open house has closed. Thank you for your feedback. You can continue to visit https://smokeypoint.participate.online to:
- Learn more about the project and its history.
- See what's in store with design updates on the project.
- Review feedback.
- Improve mobility of corridor for all users
- Increase safety for all users.
- Improve transit facilities for new Community Transit Swift Gold Line
- Foster the development of a commercial corridor to serve the neighborhood.
Project Cost and Funding
- Design/Planning Estimate: $1.6 million
- Funding sources:
- Federal Grant
- City of Arlington
- The project duration is estimated to be 24-28 months.
- This project will be phased in over time. Roundabouts at 180th and 188th will be constructed in 2024 and 2026 with the 174th roundabout in 2025. Portions between roundabouts will be phased in and we will work with developers to complete the work.
Coordination with Local Residents
Progress updates will be provided by the city on this project webpage to keep local residents and businesses apprised of the project progress.
If you have questions or concerns on this project, please contact the City Project Hotline at 360-403-3544 or email@example.com.
- Conceptual Project Renderings
- Roadway Cross Section
- Smokey Point Park Concept Plan
- Phase 1 Fact Sheet
- Phase 1 Open House Survey Summary
- Phase 2 Fact Sheet
- Open House Exhibits
- Design Survey Summary
To translate documents, download the document then click the link: https://translate.google.com/
- July 20, 2021 - Design awarded to Perteet, Inc.
- September 2021 - Preliminary design work and outreach underway.
- December 3, 2021 - Due to the high volume of requests to keep the survey open, the City has extended the closing deadline through the holidays. You can access the online open house and survey at https://smokeypoint.participate.online. This is the preliminary outreach phase for the project; there will be more opportunities for community feedback at future stages in the project design.
- January 4, 2022 - Open house survey closed.
- December 2022 - January 2023 - Phase 2 online open house and design improvements survey.
- December 15, 2022 - Open House - Smokey Point Community Church at 7:00 PM.
- December 16, 2022 - Open House - Stilly Senior Center at 9:45 AM
- January 20, 2023 - Online open house closed at midnight.
- August 8, 2023 - Received community survey results on preferred style of street amenities (streetlights, benches, trash containers, bike racks, etc.). Incorporating preferred style in design.