Utility Credit Program
City of Arlington Residential Utility Bill Credit Application – Phase II
(1-4-2022) Applications will be open on January 3, 2022 and be accepted through February 28, 2022.No applications will be accepted after this deadline. Mailed applications must be received by deadline.
The City of Arlington has $310,000 in available funding to assist households experiencing financial hardship resulting from the pandemic. The utility credits will be funded by the Federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The U.S. Treasury issued Local Fiscal Recovery Funds to cities, counties and states as part of the American Rescue Plan Act to assist with the economic and public health concerns of COVID-19.
Funding will be provided to eligible account holders. If awarded, the account holder will receive a one-time utility credit equal to $600. The credit will be applied on the billing cycle following approval of the utility credit application. Documentation to support eligibility must be included with the application in order to be eligible for the credit.
Phase II funding will focus on account holders that may not be delinquent on their account but experienced a financial hardship due to COVID-19.
Eligibility Criteria (must meet all of the following):
- Account holders that received a credit during Phase I are not eligible for funding under Phase II.
- The applicant must submit a utility credit application with all required documentation.
- The applicant must receive water/sewer service from the City of Arlington.
- The applicant must have a utility account with the City of Arlington and water and/or sewer services are billed.
- The applicant must have been negatively impacted financially by COVID-19 pandemic any of the following;
- Loss of a job
- Reduced work hours (either through business layoffs or limited access to childcare)
- Low income populations as defined by HUD for the Snohomish County area for FY 2021 as follows; $40,500 for 1 person households, $46,300 for 2 person households, $52,100 for 3 person households, $57,850 for 4 person households, and $52,500 for 5 person households. A tax return showing the number of persons in a household must be included in the application.
- The applicant must provide proof of job loss, reduction of hours, or meeting low income levels by providing (e.g. unemployment statements, W-2’s for 2019 and 2020, paystubs, 2019 and 2020 tax returns, and/or letter from employer, DSHS letter of determination…..etc).
- The job loss or financial hardship must have occurred on or after March 25, 2020.
- Applicants must be the utility account holder or property owner listed on the account.
Eligible costs: Eligible applicants will receive a one-time credit, upon approval, equal to $600.
Credit review process: City of Arlington Finance Director and Finance Supervisor will review grant applications and compile results. If all eligibility criteria is met, a credit will be applied to the applicant’s account the next billing cycle after the application is approved. The applicant will be notified by phone if they are receiving a credit.
Utility Repayment Program
If account is delinquent as of January 25, water will be shut off on January 26, 2022.
Delinquent means outstanding balance with no repayment agreement in place or failed to make the first payment of the repayment arrangement.
Please call 360-403-3421 to speak to customer service or complete the repayment arrangement application at: https://arlingtonwa.seamlessdocs.com/f/yw1o5sh402ek
* Please note that the after-hours emergency operator cannot take or verify payment to restore water due to shut off.
You may pay your bill online at Xpress Bill Pay.
Auto Payments: Auto Pay may be set up using Xpress Bill Pay by creating a log in for your account or contacting the Finance Office.
Change of Occupancy
The customer of record that requested service is responsible for all charges on the account until the City of Arlington has been notified of any changes. Please notify the Finance Department when you no longer will require services or you will be billed until the next customer requests services.
The City of Arlington currently serves approximately 5,200 utility accounts. Each unified utility bill includes water, sewer, and stormwater. Each water meter is read monthly.