Public Works Projects
Current Arlington Public Works Projects
Public Works Improvement Projects include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are currently in design, bidding, pre-construction or construction phase. The benefits of these projects include the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials, and neighborhood streets; and addressing safety issues. To get information on specific projects please click on the links to the left to bring up the project page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding city projects, please contact us at email@example.com or 360-403-3544.
Current Projects are in the left hand column.
You can view 2022 Projects by clicking here: 2022 Public Works Project Flyer
Traffic and Current Project Updates
2022 Utility Improvement & Pavement Preservation Project
- September 9, 2022 - No work was completed this week due to material delays. Next week work will include installation of permanent striping throughout the old town area and sidewalk repair along Stillaguamish Ave between 4th St and 3rd St.
- September 16, 2022 - The project continued this week with the installation of permanent striping throughout the old town area and sidewalk repair along Stillaguamish Ave between 4th St and 3rd St. This completes the work in the Old Town area. Due to continued material delays, the water main replacement on Cemetery Rd is on hold until the arrival of the materials. The City will continue to send progress updates with the status of the project. Please monitor the project webpage for up-to-date information.
40th Ave / SR 531 Intersection
- September 16, 2022 - Next week no work will occur due to material delays. Construction will resume the week of the 26th.
- September 23, 2022 - Next week work will include paving, median demolition, and the installation of the signal arms. The remaining left hand turn pockets west of 40th Ave will be eliminated. Please see detour route to access the businesses on the north side of 172nd St. until the signal is active. Paving and roadway work is scheduled during the night hours of 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM. All other work will occur during the daytime hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
43rd Ave / SR 531 Roundabout
- September 16, 2022 - Next week scheduled work will include the installation of crosswalk poles and a light pole. This work is dependent on material arrival. Construction is scheduled to occur Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- September 23, 2022 - Next week scheduled work will include the installation of a crosswalk signal pole, center island landscaping, the installation of fiber, final paving on east and west bound lanes, and installation of temporary striping. Construction is scheduled to occur Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Paving will occur during the nighttime hours of 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM.
Snohomish County Projects
Washington State DOT Projects
- WA State Dept. of Transportation Projects
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July 2019, WSDOT began designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.
- SR-530 - 59th Ave Ne & 211th Pl NE Intersection Improvements: In 2023 WSDOT will begin construction on two roundabouts along SR 530, one at 59th Ave NE and the other at 211th Pl NE.