Public Works Projects
Current Arlington Public Works Projects
Public Works Improvement Projects include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are currently in design, bidding, pre-construction or construction phase. The benefits of these projects include the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials, and neighborhood streets; and addressing safety issues. To get information on specific projects please click on the links to the left to bring up the project page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding city projects, please contact us at email@example.com or 360-403-3544.
Current Projects are in the left-hand column.
You can view 2022 Projects by clicking here: 2023 Public Works Project Flyer
Traffic and Current Project Updates
2022 Utility Improvement & Pavement Preservation Project
- January 9, 2022 -This week work will continue Monday - Friday between the construction hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. A single lane closure is required. Flaggers will be on site to control traffic and work to minimize wait times. Expect delays to your travel times if driving through the construction area during these hours through February.
- January 13, 2023 - Next week work will continue with fire hydrant and service connections. Construction will occur Tuesday - Friday between the construction hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. A single lane closure will be required.
- January 20, 2023 - Next week work will continue with fire hydrant and service connections. Construction will occur Monday - Friday between the construction hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. A single lane closure will be required.
Snohomish County Projects
Washington State DOT Projects
- WA State Dept. of Transportation Projects
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July 2019, WSDOT began designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.
- SR-530 - 59th Ave Ne & 211th Pl NE Intersection Improvements: In 2023 WSDOT will begin construction on two roundabouts along SR 530, one at 59th Ave NE and the other at 211th Pl NE.