Public Works Projects
Current Arlington Public Works Projects
The 2020 Public Works Improvement Projects include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are currently in design, bidding, pre-construction or construction phase. The benefits of these projects include the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials, and neighborhood streets; and addressing safety issues. To get information on specific projects please click on the links to the left to bring up the project page.
- Manhole Cover and Valve Adjustments: Water valves, sewer, and stormwater manhole covers across Arlington will be adjusted to better match the grade of the surrounding roadway.
- E 2nd St Storm Installation Project: The City of Arlington will be installing stormwater improvements on East 2nd St between North Dunham Ave and North French Ave.
Traffic and Project Updates
204th Street Roundabout:
- Construction to begin August 24, 2020
- Olympic Place will be closed at 204th for the duration of construction. Please see the Detour Map for alternative routes.
- Traffic will go down to a single lane flagger controlled roadway on September 24th during normal work hours. Two way traffic will resume during non-construction hours. Please expect delays when traveling in this area. See traffic control plan.
- On October 22nd the water will be shut off to some businesses/residents on the south side of 204th St NE from 10pm to 3am while they work on the waterline. If you are in the effected area notification has been sent. Please contact Public Works if you have any questions or concerns at 360-403-3526 or email@example.com.
- On Saturday November 21st, the City's contractor, Reece Construction will be working to pour the concrete for the center island. Please expect small delays when traveling in the area.
2020 Utility Improvements & Pavement Preservation Project:
- Week of October 12th - On Tuesday the Contractor will grind Stillaguamish Ave and 2nd St. They will continue the utility work on Maple St. and Hamlin Dr. during the week, and pave Stillaguamish Ave, 1st St, 2nd St, and Hamlin Dr. on Wednesday and Thursday weather permitting.
- Week of October 19th - This week the Contractor plans on finishing the water main and tie-ins on 4th, Clara, and Alcazar. They will start laying the new water pipe on Hamlin and Maple, and finish paving Stillaguamish and 2nd weather permitting.
- Week of November 2nd - The City's contractor started this week by paving 4th St, Alcazar, and Clara St. The rest of the week they will be working on the water line on Hamlin and Maple.
- Week of November 16th - This week the contractor plans on finishing up the water lines and work towards starting tie ins on Maple St and S Hamlin Dr. Later in the week they will start the waterlines on Park Hill Dr.
E 2nd St Storm Installation Project:
- Project estimated start date November 16th
- Project was completed on November 20th
Snohomish County Projects
Washington State DOT Projects
- WA State Dept. of Transportation Projects
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July 2019, WSDOT began designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.