- City Projects
- Public Works Projects
Public Works Projects
Current Arlington Public Works Projects
Public Works Improvement Projects include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are currently in design, bidding, pre-construction or construction phase. The benefits of these projects include the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials, and neighborhood streets; and addressing safety issues. To get information on specific projects please click on the links to the left to bring up the project page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding city projects, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 360-403-3544.
Current Projects are in the left-hand column.
You can view our current year Projects by clicking here: 2023 Public Works Project Flyer
Traffic and Current Project Updates
2022 Utility Improvement & Pavement Preservation Project
- March 10, 2023 - Next week work will continue on water tie-ins and service connections to the new water main.
- March 17, 2023 - Next week work will continue with the final tie-ins and service connections to the new water main, and shoulder work on Smokey Point Blvd close to the Pilot Truck Stop Entrance. If weather permits work will also include the grinding of the pavement in the travel lane where the water line was installed along Cemetery Rd. Construction will occur Monday - Friday between the construction hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. A single lane closure will be required at times. Flaggers will be on site to control traffic and work to minimize wait times when needed.
Snohomish County Projects
Washington State DOT Projects
- WA State Dept. of Transportation Projects
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July 2019, WSDOT began designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.
- SR-530 - 59th Ave Ne & 211th Pl NE Intersection Improvements: In 2023 WSDOT will begin construction on two roundabouts along SR 530, one at 59th Ave NE and the other at 211th Pl NE.