Public Works Projects
Current Public Works Projects
The 2019 Public Works Project Improvements include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are now underway. The benefits of these projects includes the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials and neighborhood streets; addressing safety issues; and adding new amenities to local parks.
- Utility Upgrades: Approximately 0.75 miles of new water main will be installed in roadways in the north end of Arlington. Construction will be complete in fall 2019.
- Roadway Repaving: Approximately 0.75 miles of roadway will be resurfaced in the north end of Arlington. Construction will be complete in fall 2019.
- Manhole Cover and Valve Adjustments: Water valves, sewer, and stormwater manholes covers across Arlington will be adjusted to better match the grade of the surrounding roadway.
- 204th Street NE / 77th Avenue NE Roundabout: The City will be designing a new roundabout to be installed at the intersection of 204th Street NE and 77th Avenue NE in 2020.
- SR-530—Smokey Point Blvd. Signal: The City of Arlington will be installing a temporary signal at the intersection of SR-530 and Smokey Point Boulevard in September. The signal will remain in place until permanent intersection traffic control improvements are made (roundabout).
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July, WSDOT will begin designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2021.