Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence

Domestic Violence is a pattern of behavior in which one partner seeks to obtain power and control over the other partner. It can include physical, emotional, psychological, and sexual abuse. Domestic Violence tends to recur and increase with severity over time.

The City of Arlington works with citizens to actively reduce and respond to concerns of domestic violence in the community. The city works with agencies in the region to provide resources that help citizens understand the dynamics of domestic violence, help families and friends in establishing safe environments, and provide support to victims of domestic violence. This also includes helping victims of Domestic Violence navigate the criminal justice system through the services of our Domestic Violence Coordinator.

In an Emergency...

Call the police by calling 911
Get yourself and your children to a safe place
Get medical attention if needed

Domestic Violence Coordinator

The Domestic Violence Coordinator for the City of Arlington can be reached at 360-403-4297.

Prosecutor's Offices

If you are unable to reach the Domestic Violence Coordinator and are inquiring about the status of a currently charged domestic violence case, please contact the prosecutor's office:

  • For Misdemeanor Charges- Contact the Law Office of Zachor, Stock & Krepps at (425) 778-2429.
  • For Felony Charges -Call the Snohomish County Prosecutor's Office (Victim/Witness Unit) at (425) 388-6233.

Jail Registers

Victims are able to check the status of an offender on-line at the following jails:


INMATE INQUIRY (Lynnwood, Snohomish County & Marysville Jails)


VINE Program

Victims of Domestic Violence often find it helpful in planning for their safety to know when an arrested offender is released from custody. To receive notification of an offender's release or transfer, a victim can register for the VINE system; a service provided by the Washington Association of Sheriffs and Police Chiefs.

Call: 1-877-846-3492

Protection Orders

If you are a victim of domestic violence, you may petition the court for an Order for Protection from Domestic Violence. A Civil Protection Order may be obtained through your local District Court.

A Civil protection order is an order issued by the court, telling the family or household member who threatened or assaulted you not to harm you again. It then becomes a criminal offense for the person named in the order to make unwanted contact with you.

A protection order CAN:

  • order the Respondent not to threaten or hurt you.
  • order the Respondent not to enter your residence.
  • give one parent temporary custody of children.
  • set a schedule for visitation with minor children.
  • order the Respondent to leave a shared residence.
  • grant you possession of essential personal effects.
  • grant you use of a vehicle.
  • order the Respondent to attend counseling.

A protection order CANNOT:

  • order child support.
  • order maintenance (alimony).
  • assign most property to either party.
  • establish permanent child custody or use of the shared residence.

District Court clerks are available to help provide you with the necessary paperwork. Contact Domestic Services of Snohomish County Legal Advocates for further Civil Protection Order information and assistance at 425-25-ABUSE (425-252-2873).

Domestic Violence Services

Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County is a non-profit organization that provides emergency shelter and comprehensive, confidential services to victims of domestic abuse without regard to age, gender, race, religion, culture, national origin, sexual orientation or income level.

DVS 24-hour Crisis Hotline
(425) 25-ABUSE

(425) 252-2873

Pathways for Women (YWCA)

YWCA supports the safety of domestic violence survivors in Seattle and South King County through community advocacy programs, support groups, housing assistance, and trainings for service providers.


Victim Support Services is there to support the needs of all crime victims, including those affected by Domestic Violence.