The Arlington Police Department is committed to providing excellent service and reducing crime and disorder by apprehending offenders, targeting top locations and providing information. We do this by responding to requests for service 24 hours a day with a team of excellent employees and using policies and procedures that meet state and national accreditation standards. We operate a police station during normal business hours to give information and assist the community.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Notice:
As a precaution for our officers and public safety support staff, the following precautions are in effect until further notice:
• Please call 9-1-1 for in-progress emergencies or (425) 407-3999 for non-emergencies. City of Arlington residents may also file no-suspect, non-emergency police reports at www.mycrimereport.us
• Officers will still be visible and on patrol 24 hours a day to respond to emergency calls throughout the city. However, for non-emergency incidents, officers may be conducting social distancing to limit exposure. This may include the use of electronic communications such as email and/or telephone contacts in lieu of personal contact.
• Suspension of Police Explorer program
• To request a copy of a police report please call Police Support Services at (360) 403-3400
• To schedule an appointment to retrieve property/evidence, or review records that can’t be mailed or provided electronically, please call Police Support Services at (360) 403-3400
Your Police Department, in partnership with our community, is committed to providing exceptional law enforcement services to improve the quality of life in Arlington.
The following core values are shared by the department members and give us direction to follow in order to be a professional and credible law enforcement agency. We are committed to upholding our core values and the mission of the department.
- Integrity: We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards to promote public trust. We value our integrity and commit ourselves to strive for personal and professional excellence.
- Professionalism: We will consistently respond to our community with dedication, courtesy, and efficiency.
- Innovation: We will strive to adapt to the ever-evolving needs of our profession and community by implementing creative problem solving techniques. We entrust our employees with the authority to make decisions at the most effective level.
- Respect: We respect the dignity, worth, and diversity of all persons by providing impartial and compassionate service.
- Teamwork: We recognize our most important resources are the members of the department and the citizens of the community, and realize that only through a true partnership can there be success.
The Arlington Police Department was formed over a hundred years ago and remained a very small police department until the 1970's. Then, a steady growth of population, businesses and later annexations of established neighborhoods created the size that it is today. Arlington is the hub of commercial, retail, residential and aviation activity in the north part of Snohomish County. Today, the Police Department is a growing team of dedicated employees and is part of a much larger city team of service providers to the community. The Police Department has active partnerships with other police agencies including the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office and the cities of Marysville and Lake Stevens.
Today, the department employs 2 command staff, 28 officers, 2 reserve officers, and 5 civilian staff. The Police Department uses 911 call answering services, call dispatching, jail services, and municipal court services from other agencies in a regional service concept. Arlington's crime rate has risen in the past few years because of a variety of factors, and much of it can be prevented by simply taking common sense precautions to safeguard your property. Locking doors, not leaving cars running while unattended, protecting your privacy of credit card numbers and personal identity information, and taking action by reporting suspicious activity prevent crime from happening to you.
Bicycle Registration Program
Arlington Police Department volunteers kicked off a new bicycle registration program. Residents of Arlington can fill out a quick registration form at the Arlington Police Department weekdays between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. They must have the bicycle serial number in order to complete the registration. The resident will then receive a numbered sticker which should be applied to the frame below the seat. The purpose of putting it on the frame is so that it is not easily removed. The benefit to registering your bicycle is that the Arlington Police Department will be able to return a lost or stolen bike if the serial number is legible and the bicycle is registered.
Fingerprinting services are available only to residents who live within the city limits of Arlington and are done by appointment on Tuesdays.
Concealed Pistol Licenses
Concealed Pistol Licenses are available only to residents who live within the city limits of Arlington by appointment. Non-city residents need to contact the law enforcement agency where they live to apply for a concealed pistol license.