Tourism / Economic Development Grant
TOURISM ECONOMIC RECOVERY GRANT
Applications will be open on October 8, 2021 and will be accepted through October 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
No applications will be accepted after this deadline.
Mail (5) five copies of the applications to: Finance Department, 238 N Olympic Ave., Arlington 98223
Questions: Contact Kristin Garcia email@example.com 360-403-3431
The City of Arlington has $150,000 in available funding for tourism promotion. The tourism grants will be funded by the Federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). The U.S. Treasury issued Local Fiscal Recovery Funds to cities, counties and states as part of the American Rescue Plan Act to assist with the economic and public health concerns of COVID-19. The CFDA number for this grant is 21.027. The questions and information asked in this application are structured around meeting federal compliance requirements under 2 CFR Part 200 - Uniform Guidance under the Office of Management of Budget.
The Treasury recognized that certain industries such as tourism, travel, and hospitality were disproportionately and negatively impacted by COVID-19. Funding provided to these industries should be in response to the negative economic impacts caused by the pandemic. The goal of this funding is to limit the COVID-19 economic impacts in 2022 for groups who host events in Arlington.
The City is offering grants up to $20,000 per application. Only one application per organization will be accepted. The organization is required to match 25% of the net project cost with local funds. Federal funds from another source cannot be used toward the match.
50% funding will be provided at the time of award and 50% after conclusion of the project, unless the organization invoices the City of Arlington sooner. The award contract will specify required deliverables in order to receive funding this grant award. The city reserves the right to partially fund or not fund any grant request.
Eligibility Criteria: (must meet all of the following)
- The project/event must take place within City of Arlington city limits
- The organization applying for funding must have a current business license on file with the City of Arlington at the time of application. The cost of a business license for a non-profit organization is $0.
Scoring Criteria (funding priority will be given to applications with the highest score(s)):
- 10 points: A new project/event (not been previously held in the City of Arlington)
- 5 points: Recurring project/event
- 10 points: An event taking place in off season (Jan – March)
- 5 points: An event during the regular season (April – December)
- 10 points: An event taking place 2 or more days in a row
- 5 points: An event taking place 1 day in a calendar month
- 5 points: Attendance between 50 – 100
- 10 points: Attendance between 100 – 250
- 15 points: Attendance over 250
- 5 – 20 points: Based on completeness of application and clarity of event description
Allowable Expenses: Funding can be used to pay for tourism marketing, event performers, vendor costs and expenses related to compliance with COVID-19 safety protocols. Funding cannot be used for salaries/benefits other personnel costs, giveaways, equipment or other capital items. Salaries/benefits and other personnel costs may be used to meet matching requirements as long as those costs are paid for by local funding sources. In-kind contributions such as volunteer hours are acceptable methods to meet the matching requirement. The value of all in-kind contributions must be clearly documented.
Period of Performance: The project and all expenses must be obligated no later than December 31, 2022 and spent by February 1, 2023.