Finance Department Services

Accounts Payable

Accounts Payable audits invoices, processes checks for payment and answers vendor inquiries. If you have a question regarding your vendor account, please call 360-403-3421.

The city is not exempt from sales tax. The current sales tax rate is 9.3%

Claims & Risk Management

The City Clerk coordinates claims and risk management activities in conjunction with Washington Cities Insurance Authority (WCIA). Please contact the City Clerk's Office for more information.


Payroll maintains employee wage, benefit and deduction records; inputs time sheets and processes payroll checks and direct deposit; prepares and files all retirement, tax, benefit and deduction payments and reports.

Based on the 2018 budget, the City has approximately 129 full and part-time positions plus several seasonal part-time positions.

Dog Licenses

All dogs within the city limits of Arlington that are over six months of age shall be licensed by the City of Arlington. All dogs require proof of current Rabies vaccination to be licensed. Proof is also required for alteration and micro-chip to be eligible for the reduced fee.

Dog License Fees

Fee Type
Unaltered (annual tag) $40
Altered (lifetime tag) $20
Altered, Senior Owner
     (lifetime tag)
Replacement Tag Fee $5

Peddlers Licenses

Peddlers License is required for any peddler, solicitor or canvasser going door to door within the corporate city limits of Arlington. Please contact the City Clerk's Office for more information.

Business License

To find out more information check out our Business Licensing page.


The City of Arlington is no longer providing passport services.
Passport services locations

Lost Check

If you lose or misplace a City-issued check, a replacement check can be issued if you complete the affidavit of lost check form and send it to:

City of Arlington
Attn: Accounts Payable
238 N Olympic Ave
Arlington, WA 98223

A new check will be sent to you after the notarized affidavit is received at our office. Email Caitlyn Brossard for our form or if you have any questions.

W-9 Form

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires that every city vendor have a current W-9. Please reach out to us if you need a blank form to fill out and submit.

Failure to comply may result in delayed payment of invoices until the completed W-9 is returned to us. We appreciate your assistance in expediting the return of this information.