Business License information
New business license applications and renewals are processed through the Washington State Department of Revenue’s system.
The City of Arlington has partnered with the Department of Revenue’s Business Licensing Service (BLS).
Please use their website to add a City of Arlington License Endorsement.
Our partnership with Department of Revenue simplifies maintaining or renewing many of your state and city licenses. New or expanding businesses will be able to apply for their city license online along with other state and local licenses that partner with Department of Revenue.
What fees will I have to pay?
For renewals, you pay the City of Arlington license fee of $60 and an additional $10 renewal BLS processing fee for your business location.
Businesses exempt from license requirements:
- Any non-profit organization (501(c)(3)) within the city limits are exempt from applying for a business license.
- All businesses whose annual value of products, gross proceeds of sales, or gross income of the business is less than $2,000.
All new businesses and some specialty businesses are required to submit additional forms:
Email form(s) below to CED@arlingtonwa.gov.
- All new businesses: are required to submit a Business License Addenda.
- Vehicles for hire: a completed Vehicle for Hire Addenda is required.
- Motor vehicle wreckers or towing operator: a completed Tow Truck Addenda is required.
- Any kennel, cattery, grooming parlor, pet shop, or animal shelter: a completed Animal Regulation Addenda is required.
Additional Information and Questions?
- About six weeks before the business license expiration date, the Department of Revenue Business Licensing Service will send a license renewal letter with instructions on how to renew the City of Arlington business license.
- You may use e-check or credit card to make payment for online transactions.
- You may renew your license by mail using the BLS renewal form, please do so in plenty of time to reach the BLS before the expiration date and include a check made payable to Department of Revenue for the appropriate amount.
- Please visit the Department of Revenue BLS website or call 360-705-6741 for more information.
- Business Licenses are non-transferable. Licenses must be displayed on the wall of your business. Your local sales tax code is 3101 and must be included in the appropriate place on the State Tax return.