- 6 p.m.
- The 2nd Tuesday of the month
- Airport Office, or by Zoom
18204 59th Drive NE
Arlington, WA 98223
Meetings will also be announced on the City Meeting Calendar where you will also find links to the agenda, minutes and any attachments.
Agendas & Minutes
About the Airport Commission
There are seven members of the commission. No less than four members must be residents of Arlington or Snohomish County. Up to three members may be residents of King, Skagit or Island Counties. No member shall be the mayor or a member of the city council of Arlington or an immediate family member of the mayor or a city council member, nor shall any member be a current or former employee of the airport.
A majority of the commissioners must have expertise in: The aviation industry; business administration or operations; finance; accounting; marketing; economic development; commercial real estate development; engineering; planning and construction; law; utilities; or other related experience from industries that have a logical nexus with airport administration, operations, and development.
Members are appointed by the city council, each to serve for a term of three years. Terms expire on April 1st.
The commission has authority to construct, enlarge, improve, maintain, equip, operate and regulate airport facilities, but remain in all these things accountable to the city council. So long as decisions of the airport commission are consistent with the approved airport master plan, the Arlington comprehensive plan, all other provisions of the Arlington Municipal Code and applicable federal regulations, the annual airport budget, the airport capital improvement plan, and approved lease policies.
The Airport Commission may exercise the following powers and responsibilities without formal review or ratification by the city council, except when formal review is deemed appropriate by the airport manager:
- Leasing and development of airport property, including amendments or modifications to leases and the granting or requests for subordination of leasehold interests or other security interests for financing purposes.
- Capital improvements to airport properties, including, when appropriate, the application for federal or state grants to finance the same.
- Amendments to airport leasing and operational policies, rules and requirements.
- Application for loans through public use general aviation airport loan program.
For questions concerning the Commission please call the Arlington Airport at 360-403-3470.