- Public Works
- Cemetery Information
The American Legion/Arlington Post #76 sponsors the "Avenue of Flags" annually to honor Veterans. Flags are donated, set up and taken down by volunteers. Each flagpole has a small plaque displaying the Veteran's name.
Hours of Operation for Funeral Services
Funeral services are provided Monday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Exceptions may be made by special arrangement for an additional fee.
From I-5 take Exit 208 (Island Crossing). Follow SR 530 into Arlington. Turn right on West Avenue (turns into 67th Avenue). The Cemetery is located at the intersection of 67th Avenue and 204th Street. (Approximately one mile from SR 530).
Flowers & Decorations
Fresh flowers in non-breakable containers are always welcome at the cemetery. The following guidelines are necessary to ensure the safety of visitors and maintenance staff; to maintain the uniform beauty of the cemetery; and to preserve the maintenance equipment:
- Permanent plants and decorations on graves cannot be permitted.
- Artificial flowers, potted plants, and other decorations must be less than 24 inches tall, and no larger than fourteen inches in diameter, or eighteen inches wide, and made of non-breakable material.
- Items made of glass, wood chips, beads, gravel, stones, are prohibited as these types of items become dangerous projectiles when hit by mowers or weed eaters.
- Decorations must be limited to three items per grave two weeks after a funeral.
- Artificial flowers are not allowed on graves during the mowing season of April 1 to October 31.
- While every effort is made to protect decorations placed at the cemetery, the City cannot be responsible for lost, misplaced or broken items.
- The City retains the right to remove decorations of any kind from the cemetery when they become unsightly, dangerous, impede normal cemetery operations, or do not conform to the standards maintained by the City.