The City Clerk performs a variety of services that support the Mayor, City Administrator, City Council, City departments, and members of the public.
Activities of this office include:
- Preparation of all legal notices pertaining to the City Council
- Preparation of Council meeting agendas and minutes
- Coordination of Arlington Municipal Code updates
- Maintenance of official public records, including, but not limited to, Council/Board/Commission meeting minutes, ordinances, resolutions, agreements and contracts
- Development and implementation of the City’s archive and records disposition program
- Public Records Officer: coordination/monitoring of public records requests. Public records request here.
Other functions of this office include:
- Risk Management services and training; processing of all claims against the City
- Elections’ liaison with Snohomish County Auditor’s office and Washington State Public Disclosure Commission (PDC)
- Peddler's permits
Applicant is required to fill out application, first page only if just peddling. If working for another individual at a set location, applicant must complete second page also. Applicant submits completed application and picture of self, (preferably in.jpg format) along with payment to the Finance Department in person, by email at email@example.com, or by phone at 360-403-3421. If approved, City Clerk will process the permit, and applicant will be contacted.
Claims Against the City
The City Clerk is a designated agent for service of claims for damages made under RCW 4.96. Please click this link for our claim for damages form. For additional information, or to obtain a claim form by mail, contact the City Clerk at 360-403-3481 during normal business hours at Arlington City Hall, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.