Wendy Van Der Meersche, City Clerk
The City Clerk performs a variety of services that support the Mayor, City Administrator, City Council, City departments, and members of the public.
Activities of this office include:
- Preparation of all legal notices pertaining to the City Council
- Preparation of Council meeting agendas and minutes
- Coordination of Arlington Municipal Code updates
- Maintenance of official public records, including, but not limited to, Council/Board/Commission meeting minutes, ordinances, resolutions, agreements and contracts
- Development and implementation of the City’s archive and records disposition program
- Public Records Officer: coordination/monitoring of public records requests. Public records request here.
Other functions of this office include:
- Risk Management services and training; processing of all claims against the city
- Elections’ liaison with Snohomish County Auditor’s office and Washington State Public Disclosure Commission (PDC)
Claims Against the City
The City Clerk is a designated agent for service of claims for damages made under RCW 4.96. Please click this link for our claims form. For additional information or to obtain a claims form by mail, contact the City Clerk at 360-403-3481 during normal business hours at Arlington City Hall, or by email at email@example.com.