The Human Resources department seeks to achieve the mission and goals of the City government and residents by hiring and retaining the most qualified employees to serve the growing needs of our community.
Human Resources is responsible for the following:
- Administration of the City’s policies and procedures
- Recruitment, selection, retention, and training of employees
- Employee relations
- Maintenance of classification and compensation
- The employee benefits programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The city of Arlington is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please review the information carefully to ensure you meet the qualifications before applying. Applications must be filled out completely and include all required attachments. Resumes submitted will not be a substitute for an incomplete application. Do not write "see resume". Please note that most correspondence will be via email. Please be sure to provide a valid email address with your application.
Below is a generalized description of the hiring process:
- Applications are accepted for posted positions only.
- The hiring manager selects the most qualified applicants and interviews are scheduled.
- A candidate is selected and extended an offer of employment.
- Applicants not selected will be notified by email that the position has been filled.
In most cases, a few weeks may pass between the closing date of a position and the interview. Some positions generate significant numbers of applications so timeframes are approximate. We ask that you please be patient during this important process. The City is dedicated to thoroughly reviewing and considering all applications.
A background check will be conducted prior to employment.
If you have questions about employment, an application or job announcement, please email Human Resources or call at 360-403-3443
Shawn FriangDirectorPhone: 360-403-3443
Julie PetersenHuman Resources | Deputy City Clerk
238 N Olympic Avenue
Arlington, WA 98223
238 N Olympic Avenue Arlington WA 98223
238 N Olympic Ave
Arlington, WA 98223
Verification of Employment & Reference Requests