I loaned my family member money and they have not paid me back per our agreement. Can the police charge them with theft?

Violations of agreements between persons whether verbal or written are civil, rather than criminal issues. We do not have the legal authority to resolve these issues. Instead, if the loss is less than $1,500 the Civil section of Cascade District Court may be contacted for further information:

415 E Burke Avenue
Arlington, WA 98223
Phone: 360-435-7708 

Losses that are more than that require action in Superior Court and you should consult with an attorney.

Show All Answers

1. My car was towed by the Arlington Police Department and now the tow company wants hundreds of dollars for me to get it back. I want you to do something about it.
2. My neighbors are running a business out of their house in the middle of the night.
3. I called 911 the other night. An officer never responded.
4. My dog was picked up by Arlington Police and taken to the Humane Society of Skagit Valley. I don't like their rules and procedures.
5. Does my child still need a car seat?
6. I have seen a number of people taking pictures of my house and neighborhood. Is that legal?
7. I loaned my family member money and they have not paid me back per our agreement. Can the police charge them with theft?
8. I was issued a ticket for no insurance. Here is the new proof of insurance. Why can't the ticket be dismissed so I don't have to go to court?
9. Can I report an accident that occurred in the past?
10. Where do I get a permit to have a block party?
11. I want to file a claim for damages against the Police Department for what the officers did.
12. How can I complain about a ticket that I received?
13. How do I complain about what a Police Officer did?
14. Why do we have to use Marysville Court, we pay our taxes and live in Arlington?
15. I had an event that recently occurred that I feel needs to be investigated by a detective immediately. Who do I contact?
16. I live outside the city. What can I do about animal problems?
17. My neighbor's dog barks all night/day long. How can I solve this?
18. I believe there are raccoons living under my house. Is there anything the Police Department can do to help me?
19. There is a car in our parking lot that has been here for 2 weeks. What can the police do about that?
20. I allowed a friend to stay with me for a few months. I would like him to leave. Can the Police Department help?
21. My neighbor's back yard is full of garbage and it's attracting rats. What can I do about it?
22. We have this car parked on my street for 2 weeks with no movement. What can be done to get the vehicle removed?
23. There is a dead animal in my yard and it's not mine. Can the Police Department remove the animal?
24. My wife took the money out of our checking account and changed the locks on the doors. Can I report the theft and have her arrested?
25. I let my friend borrow my car and he has not returned it. Can I report my car stolen?
26. I have ammunition that I do not need, what can I do with it?
27. I was written a ticket. We just got it in the mail and payment is due within 2 days. What can I do?
28. What if I haven't heard anything further about my accident / case?
29. My license got suspended and I paid my ticket, why was my license still suspended?
30. How can I get a copy of a collision report?
31. I was the victim of a property crime and don't have time to wait for an officer to respond. Can I file a police report online?
32. How do I get a copy of my case?
33. Can you tell me if I have any warrants?
34. How can I get a criminal background check done on someone?
35. What is the non-emergency phone number for the Police Department?
36. Can I carry an unloaded rifle in my truck?