Local Winter Assistance - 2023

Holiday Assistance

• Arlington Community Resource Center: The Arlington Community Resource Center is a one-stop hub of services for people in need. The center is able to help with basic needs like food, clothing, and shelter, and to assist with other kinds of resources and programs. 

For assistance this winter, contact the Arlington Resource Center at 360-322-6988

• A Christmas House (Toys/Gifts): Christmas House is a 100% volunteer, non-profit organization in Everett, Washington that provides an opportunity for qualifying, low-income, Snohomish County parents to select free holiday gifts for their children age infant – 18 yrs old. If you have questions call 425-338-2273

Toys for Tots (Toys/Gifts): The program provides two toys/items for kids. 

c/o Reach Church (formerly Foundation Church), 2730 Oakes Avenue (corner of Oakes and CA), Everett, WA 98201



• Arlington Community Resource Center: The ACRC is a one-stop hub of services for people in need. From help with basic needs like food, clothing, and shelter. 

For rent or utility assistance this winter, contact the Arlington Resource Center at 360-322-6988

• Arlington Utility Credit Program: The City of Arlington has $310,000 in available funding to assist households and businesses experiencing financial hardship resulting from the pandemic. 

The utility credits will be funded by the Federal American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).

Download application here: https://arlingtonwa.seamlessdocs.com/f/utilityres

• PUD Bill Assistance: PUD offers electric rate and water rate discounts of 25% or 50% off to income-qualified households. 

Download application here: https://www.snopud.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/2350_DiscountApp_223_web.pdf

• Federal Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): Help with heating bills is available through this program, whether residents heat with electricity, natural gas, propane, oil, or wood. Certain eligibility requirements apply.

Grants range from $100 to $1,000. For more information, Snohomish County residents should call 425-388-3880.

• North Sound 211: an easy-to-remember phone number for people to call for health and human service information and referrals and other assistance to meet their needs. By calling 211, you can get help with utility assistance, food, housing, health, child care, after school programs, elder care, crisis intervention and much more.

• Project Pride: offers grants and is administered by St. Vincent de Paul and is funded by voluntary contributions from PUD customers. To see if you qualify for assistance, call St. Vincent de Paul at 425-374-1243.

• Free Weatherization Programs For Owners or Renters: This program offers free weatherization help to those who qualify based on income, including repairs to windows, functional checks of heating systems, sealing of larger leak areas with caulk and weather-stripping, and various insulation work.

Landlords must approve work performed on the renter’s behalf. For more information, visit snohomishcountywa.gov.