Yvonne Gallardo-Van Ornam
Yvonne Gallardo, Position 6
Term expires December 31, 2027
Elected November 2023
Yvonne proudly served in the Navy for nine years as an Electronics Technician. "During this time in the military, I developed a passion for volunteering with organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and Clothes for Kids."
"My passion for community development and engagement has grown even more over the years, and I have volunteered my time and expertise with various nonprofits and businesses to help them grow, expand, engage and develop a stronger community relationship. I have served on my kids' PTAs, the Veteran Memorial Wreath Foundation, Soroptimist International of Marysville, SCORE and proudly served as a founding board member of the Snohomish County Latino Coalition. My passion for connecting local businesses to the community is what led me to apply for and accept the role of Director for the Monroe Chamber of Commerce a few years ago."
Yvonne now works full-time as a Grant Operations Administrator and work towards her dreams, a few weekends a year, of being self-employed by running a family-owned mobile food business at our local farmers markets and various breweries and distilleries around the county.
Yvonne's background consists of a B.S. in Professional Management and Master's in Business Administration. She is proud to be a graduate of the 2018 (best class ever) Leadership Snohomish County program.
Yvonne and her husband met in the Navy during their last duty station, Naval Station Everett, in 2003 and made Arlington their home in 2006. They have proudly raised our two children in this wonderful city along with two dogs, two fish and the various wild rabbits that call their front yard home.
"Baking is my love language. I love to bake for my family and friends. My favorite day of the week is Sample Sunday! Sample Sunday is my day to perfect my recipes for our mobile food booth business and we share our "experiments" with our neighbors and friends."
She also enjoys wakeboarding, hiking, running and playing volleyball and softball.
● 2016-2019 Snohomish County Tourism and Washington Tourism Alliance (WTA)
● 2018-2019 Member of the Small Business Committee with Economic Alliance of Snohomish County
● 2016-2019 Monroe Tourism Marketing team
● 2016-2019 Monroe Kiwanis
● 2018-2021 Monroe Farmers Market planning committee
● 2018-2020 Founding member of the Snohomish County Latino Coalition
● 2018-2019 Economic Development Advisory Board
● 2018 Leadership Snohomish County Graduate
● 2020-2021 SCORE Small Business Mentor
● 2016-Present Rotary Club
● 2019-2022 Treasurer of the Veterans Wreath Memorial Foundation
● 2020-2022 City of Arlington Planning Commissioner
● 2017-Present Craft Beverage Guild of Snohomish County (Local Liquid Arts)
● 2020-Present Member of Soroptimist International of Marysville
● 2021-Present Leadership Snohomish County Alumni Committee