- City Council
- Barbara Tolbert
Barbara Tolbert, Mayor
Term expires December 31, 2023
Barb Tolbert is Mayor for the City of Arlington elected in 2011, 2015, and 2019, and has provided leadership through financial crisis and the 2014 SR-530 Mudslide.
Barb’s family settled into Arlington in the mid 1980s, establishing an aviation business on the Arlington Airport. Barb became the Executive Director of the Arlington Fly-In in 1994 quickly building it into Arlington’s biggest tourism event, and still serves in a volunteer capacity for the event after elected Mayor.
Actively involved with many of Snohomish County and Arlington’s volunteer organizations Barb has served in board positions with; Snohomish County Tourism, WA State Aviation Advisory Committee, Arlington Airport Commission, and the Arlington Smokey Point Chamber of Commerce.
Barb’s representation of our City during the SR-530 disaster led to her being named one of the most influential people 2014 by Seattle Magazine.
In 2015 she earned her Certificate of Municipal Leadership from the Association of Washington Cities (AWC). AWC’s Municipal Leadership program recognized Barb for accomplishing training in four core areas. The training provides elected officials with the knowledge they need to effectively operate within the law, plan for the future, secure and manage funds, and foster community and staff relationships.
Training & Appointments
Barb currently represents the City of Arlington and its interest on the following appointed positions:
- President of Snohomish County Cities and Towns
- Executive Board of Puget Sound Regional Council
- WSU North Puget Sound University Center Advisory Board
- Board of Trustees, Economic Alliance Snohomish County
- United Way Snohomish County
- Arlington Family Resource Center Advisory Board
- Snohomish County Community Service Advisory Committee
- Co- Chair of Snohomish County Tomorrow
- Public input sought for Arlington’s downtown sustainability plan
- Arlington setting plan to invest $168 million in transportation improvements in next six years
- Embedded Social Worker Program Showing Promising Early Results
- Infrastructure Investments Essential to Supporting Our Community
- Preserving Arlington’s Character While We Grow
- Comprehensive Plan Amendment Process Underway
- The Importance of Growing Family Wage Jobs in Arlington