What if I was never issued a birth certificate?

Check with the vital records office in the state where you were born. If they have no record, you will need to obtain a letter from them stating there is no record of your birth. You will also need to provide three (3) pieces of secondary birth evidence or early school records. In addition, an affidavit of identifying witness may be submitted.

Show All Answers

1. Can I use a birth certificate issued by the hospital where I was born?
2. What if I don’t have a state issued birth certificate?
3. What if I was never issued a birth certificate?
4. What if I make a mistake on my application?
5. How long will it take to receive my passport?
6. Where can I obtain information regarding naturalization?
7. Will I pick up my passport from the City of Arlington?
8. Can my application be returned to me after the City certifies it?
9. Will the City give me back my original documents after they certify the application?