The City Clerk performs a variety of services that support the Mayor, City Administrator, City Council, City departments, and members of the public.
Wendy Van Der Meersche, City Clerk
Ashleigh Scott, Deputy Clerk
Activities of this office include:
- Preparation of all legal notices pertaining to the City Council
- Preparation of Council meeting agendas and minutes
- Coordination of Arlington Municipal Code updates
- Maintenance of official public records, including, but not limited to, Council/Board/Commission meeting minutes, ordinances, resolutions, agreements and contracts
- Development and implementation of the City’s archive and records disposition program
- Public Records Officer: coordination/monitoring of public records requests. Public records request here.
Other functions of this office include:
- Risk Management services and training; processing of all claims against the city
- Elections’ liaison with Snohomish County Auditor’s office and Washington State Public Disclosure Commission (PDC)
Claims Against the City
The City Clerk is a designated agent for service of claims for damages made under RCW 4.96. Here is a link to our claims form. For additional information or to obtain a claims form by mail, contact the City Clerk at 360-403-3481 during normal business hours at Arlington City Hall, or by email at email@example.com.