City Operational Changes for COVID-19
City of Arlington Operational Changes
City of Arlington is taking precautionary steps to limit the community spread of COVID-19 and do our best to maintain City operations. In order to practice good social distancing and reduce the spread of the disease we are making to following adjustments to City services:
The City will be following State and Snohomish County Health District advisories for community events. Events were cancelled (or modified) that are within the first 3 Phases that do not allow for gatherings, and don’t allow for gatherings more than 50 people.
The Snohomish Health District has recommended citizens not to plan creative ideas such as non-essential outings and gatherings.
- Go to http://arlingtonwa.gov/166/Community-Events for list of event cancellations.
(7-6-2021) City Council Meetings Resume to In-Person
Arlington City Council meetings and Planning Commission meetings will take place in the City Council Chambers. The option to attend in person at the Arlington City Council Chambers is now available, as well as viewing on the City's You Tube Channel.
Arlington City Council Chambers is located at 110 E 3rd Street, Arlington.
To obtain current City meeting times and agendas, click on the event calendar or agenda center. For more information, please call 360-403-3441.
Public Comment Through Zoom: At least 2 days prior to the meeting, any member of the public who wishes to speak via Zoom, must register by completing a form online or calling the City. This form can also be used for those wishing to submit written comment to City Council.
City Council Meeting Public Comment Form:
Planning Commission Meeting Public Comment Form
For questions regarding City Council meetings, email email@example.com, call 360-403-3441, or mail a letter to City of Arlington, 238 N. Olympic Ave, Arlington, WA 98223. Communication must be received at least one day prior to the meeting.
For Planning Commission meeting questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 360-403-3551, or mail a letter to City of Arlington, 238 N. Olympic Ave, Arlington, WA 98223. Communication must be received at least one day prior to the meeting.
(7-6-2021) Beginning July 6, 2021, City offices are now open to the public. Masks are required for non-vaccinated people.
Finance Office at City Hall is open for walk-in transactions beginning July 6, 2021.
- Passport services suspended until further notice
- Pay utility bills online: https://www.xpressbillpay.com/ or by phone at 360-403-3421 or at dropbox on City Hall or in person
Community & Economic Development Office
- Use online permit submittal process and mail in plans when paper copies are required, or come in person beginning July 6, 2021
- For the permit center call 360-403-3551 or email email@example.com
- The Airport is encouraging all business to be conducted online and by phone whenever possible.
- The Airport Office is open for business to be conducted in person.
- Payments can be dropped off in the Transient Tie–Down box, in the back of the Airport Office building, this box will be checked daily.
Public Works Office
- Customer service desk is by call-button only
- Stillaguamish Conference Room: call 360-403-3526
- Police Department lobby is open beginning July 6, 2021
- Please call 9-1-1 for in-progress emergencies or 425-407-3999 for non-emergencies.
- City residents may also file no-suspect, non-emergency police reports at www.mycrimereport.us
- Discretionary fingerprinting suspended.
- To request a copy of a police report please firstname.lastname@example.org or call Support Services at (360) 403-3400
- To schedule an appointment to retrieve property/evidence, or review records that can’t be mailed or provided electronically, please call Police Support Services at (360) 403-3400
Arlington Fire Department
- Restricted access to Arlington Fire Department stations
- Increased Arlington Fire personnel safety protections and Body Substance Isolation protocols
Parks and Recreation
City of Arlington parks and trails remain open for public use. Please follow the CDC’s guidelines on how to stop the spread of germs when enjoying these spaces.
- Community rooms reservations are cancelled and no new reservations until further notice
- Organized sports are allowed on ballfields
- Cemetery office is closed to walk-in customers. Service arrangements are by appointment only by calling (360)-403-3428.