Public Works Projects
Current Arlington Public Works Projects
Public Works Improvement Projects include projects at multiple locations in Arlington. These projects are currently in design, bidding, pre-construction or construction phase. The benefits of these projects include the upgrading of utilities to improve service and support new development; improving highways, arterials, and neighborhood streets; and addressing safety issues. To get information on specific projects please click on the links to the left to bring up the project page.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding city projects, please contact us at email@example.com or 360-403-3544.
Current Projects are in the left hand column.
You can view 2022 Projects by clicking here: 2022 Public Works Project Flyer
Traffic and Current Project Updates
40th Ave / SR 531 Intersection
- June 3, 2022 - Next week work is scheduled for Monday through Friday during the hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Work scheduled will include the paving of the bus turnouts and concrete pouring for sidewalks on all four corners of the intersection, continue paving sidewalks and gutters, and electrical. Please expect delays in travel times and drive slowly through construction zones.
- June 9, 2022 - Next week work is scheduled for Monday through Thursday during the night hours of 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Work will include demolition of the median curbs, and roadway excavation.
- June 17, 2022 - Next week work will continue Tuesday-Thursday during the night hours of 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM and Tuesday to Friday during the hours of 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Night work will include continued median and roadway excavation and daytime work will include the new median construction. Traffic will move to outside lanes in the construction area while the median is constructed, please follow link to see Phase 2 traffic control plan.
- June 24, 2022 - Next week the contractor will not be on site. They will return the week of July 5th during the night hours of 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM.
43rd Ave / SR 531 Roundabout
- June 3, 2022 - Next week work will include concrete work on the north side and grading work on the south side. Construction is scheduled to occur Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- June 9, 2022 - Next week’s work will include PUD pole relocation, underground utilities, and grading & paving on the south side for the sidewalk, weather permitting. Construction is scheduled to occur Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- June 17, 2022 - Next week’s scheduled work will include grading and paving on the north side of the roundabout and installation of ADA ramps on the south side. Construction is scheduled to occur Tuesday-Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
- June 24, 2022 - Next week’s scheduled work will include landscaping, and catch basin and curb installation on the north side. Traffic lanes will shift slightly to the south to accommodate for the work on the north side. Construction is scheduled to occur Monday-Friday from 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Snohomish County Projects
Washington State DOT Projects
- WA State Dept. of Transportation Projects
- SR-531 (172nd Street NE) Widening: In July 2019, WSDOT began designing the widening of SR-531 to four lanes between 43rd Avenue NE and 67th Avenue NE. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2023.