Business License Applications
New business license applications and renewals are now processed through the Department of Revenue’s BLS system
(9-23-2021) We are pleased to announce that the City of Arlington has partnered with the Department of Revenue’s Business Licensing Service (BLS). Please use this link to Add a City of Arlington License Endorsement.
For businesses that renewed their licenses with the City of Arlington directly in 2021, visit the Department of Revenue BLS website to renew your business license in 2022.
Our partnership with BLS will allow you “one-stop shopping” when maintaining or renewing many of your state and city licenses. New or expanding businesses will be able to apply for their city license online along with other state and local licenses that partner with BLS.
What fees will I have to pay?
- For renewals, you will still pay the City of Arlington license fee and an additional $10 renewal BLS processing fee for your business location.
Businesses Exempt from License requirements
- Any non-profit organization (501(c)(3)) within the city limits are exempt from applying for a business license.
- All businesses whose annual value of products, gross proceeds of sales, or gross income of the business is less than $2,000.
Businesses that require additional information, after applying for a Business License in the BLS System,
need to complete the appropriate form and submit it directly to the City of Arlington
Email form(s) below to CED@arlingtonwa.gov
- Vehicles for hire a completed Vehicle for Hire Addenda is required.
- Motor vehicle wreckers or towing operator a completed Tow Truck Addenda is required.
- Any kennel, cattery, grooming parlor, pet shop, or animal shelter a completed Animal Regulation Addenda is required.
Additional Information and Questions?
- About six weeks before the business license expiration date, the Department of Revenue Business Licensing Service (BLS) will send a license renewal letter with instructions on how to renew the City of Arlington business license.
- You may use e-check or credit card to make payment for online transactions.
- You may renew your license by mail using the BLS renewal form, please do so in plenty of time to reach the BLS before the expiration date and include a check made payable to DOR for the appropriate amount.
- Please visit the Department of Revenue BLS website or call 360-705-6741 for more information
- Business Licenses are non-transferable. Licenses must be displayed on the wall of your business. Your local sales tax code is 3101 and must be included in the appropriate place on the State Tax return.