Barbara Tolbert, Mayor
Term expires January 1, 2020
Barb Tolbert is Mayor for the City of Arlington elected in 2011 and 2015, and has provided leadership through financial crisis and the 2014 SR-530 Mudslide.
Barb’s family settled into Arlington in the mid 1980’s, establishing an aviation business on the Arlington Airport. Barb became the Executive Director of the Arlington Fly-In in 1994 quickly building it into Arlington’s biggest tourism event, and still serves in a volunteer capacity for the event after elected Mayor.
Actively involved with many of Snohomish County and Arlington’s volunteer organizations Barb has served in board positions with; Snohomish County Tourism, WA State Aviation Advisory Committee, Arlington Airport Commission, and the Arlington Smokey Point Chamber of Commerce.
Barb’s representation of our City during the SR-530 disaster led to her being named one of the most influential people 2014 by Seattle Magazine.
In 2015 she earned her Certificate of Municipal Leadership from the Association of Washington Cities (AWC). AWC’s Municipal Leadership program recognized Barb for accomplishing training in four core areas. The training provides elected officials with the knowledge they need to effectively operate within the law, plan for the future, secure and manage funds, and foster community and staff relationships.
Training & Appointments
Barb currently represents the City of Arlington and its interest on the following appointed positions:
- Executive Board of Snohomish County Cities and Towns
- Executive Board of Puget Sound Regional Council
- WSU North Puget Sound University Center Advisory Board
- Board of Trustees, Economic Alliance Snohomish County
- United Way Snohomish County
- Arlington Family Resource Center Advisory Board
- Snohomish County Tomorrow Steering Committee
- Vice Chair of Snohomish County Tomorrow