Fireworks Laws & Tips
Laws for using fireworks within Arlington city limits:
Lawful Sale Dates
- 9 a.m. on June 28th to 9 p.m. on July 4th
- 9 a.m. on December 27th to 9 p.m. on December 31st
Firework Discharge Law
Fireworks may only be discharged on:
- July 4th from 9 a.m. to midnight
- December 31st from 7 p.m. to midnight
The Arlington Fire Department encourages everyone to attend a public display of fireworks rather than purchasing or using consumer fireworks.
- Be sure that the fireworks you purchase are not illegal. (Note: most fireworks sold on reservations are illegal. Illegal fireworks are often unpackaged and wrapped in plain brown paper.)
- Do not purchase any fireworks that are not in the original package or is in an opened or damaged package.
- Be sure that you purchase fireworks from a licensed fireworks vendor.
- Only light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from any buildings, dry grass or vegetation, or other flammable materials.
- After fireworks have functioned let the package lay on the ground until they are cool and there is no chance that any residue will reignite.
- Place all expended firework cases in a bucket of water to thoroughly soak them.
- Never allow children to play with or ignite fireworks
- Never try to relight fireworks that have fully functioned or have not ignited completely.
- Never hold fireworks in your hand when lighting
- Never throw fireworks at or in the direction of any other person
- Read and follow all warnings and instructions
- Always be sure other people are out of range before lighting fireworks
- Always light fireworks on a smooth, flat surface away from any buildings, dry grass or vegetation, or other flammable materials
- Always use fireworks outdoors and not under any type of covering such as a patio or awning
- Remember that alcohol and fireworks do not mix
- Keep a bucket of water and/or a running water hose close by in case of a firework malfunction or fire
If you have any questions regarding the use of consumer fireworks call the Arlington Fire Department at 360-403-3600.