Hometown Holidays List of Activities
If you are presenting a holiday event and would like it listed, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tree Lighting Special Video
- Light it up- Christmas Light Contest and Map: Decorate your home or business official map. Application here. Map here. (note- updated to to the Snohomish County lights map, as they have more entries).
- Shop Small Saturday is November 28. Firepits downtown, lighted Fire truck and business ready for holiday shopping.
- Santa's Adventures in Arlington: See Santa's adventures at Legion Park big screen Dec. 5 & 12. 10am-3pm
- Storytime with Mrs. Claus: Every Wednesday in December at 7pm on Facebook live and Instagram live.https://www.facebook.com/ArlingtonHH https://www.instagram.com/arlingtonhometownholidays/
- Farmer's Market- Christmas on the Farm: Nov. 28 and Dec. 5, 10am-2pm at Legion Park
- Letters to Santa: Drop a letter to Santa in the box near city hall and the senior center.
- Arlington Fire Dept. Santa Run Food Drive www.arlingtonwa.gov/santarun
- Santa by Mail Photos www.arlingtonedfoundation.org
- Drive in Christmas Spectacular www.byrnesperformingarts.com
- Shop Local Arlington online marketplace www.shoplocalarlington.com
The Season of Giving
Places in our community to donate.
Arlington Community Food Bank: Donate through food bank website.
Arlington Community Resource Center: One stop hub of services for people in need. Donate through the website with option to customize your donation for Arlington location.
Toy Drive: The Arlington Boys & Girls Club and the Arlington Community Food Bank will be accepting toys for children at their locations.
Arlington Kids' Kloset: Kids' Kloset provides new and gently used clothing and personal hygiene products to low income students ages pre-k through 12th grade.
Youth Dynamics: Drop in center for teens, currently assisting with online school work. website
Village Community Services: Supporting individuals with disabilities. website
Foster Children: Arlington High School Seniors Malia Wayman is partnering with YMCA to host a donation drive for kids in the foster system. She is looking for suitcases, large duffle bags, and backpacks; art supplies, fidget spinners, and small toys for young children; gift cards for food, Uber, clothing stores for young adults; and cash donations. Email Maila at email@example.com..
Stillaguamish Senior Center: Providing programs for seniors. Donations now are needed. website
Hometown Holidays 2020
The Hometown Holiday events will be different this year, due to COVID-19 restrictions. Santa will not be ushered in with parade or sit and visit with children. Instead, the Hometown Holidays committee created innovative, festive activities for the community.
Hometown Holidays officially kicks of November 28 with the Shop Small event, a nationally designated day to celebrate small businesses that help communities stay vibrant. We invite you to shop small, whether at your favorite local store, or online with the new www.shoplocalarlington website. Many stores are staying open later on this special day.
Downtown will be lit up on November 28, including the City’s Christmas Tree in Legion Park. The tree lighting with Santa and the Mayor will be recorded at a predesignated time and aired on City social media the evening of Saturday, November 28. Come downtown and shop, see the lights, windows painted by students, and the famous wooden snowmen representing businesses. There will be outdoor fire pits in plaza locations to warm visitors and kettle corn for sale. The Santa Run Fire truck will be on display. Two Santa cutouts will be available in downtown for photo opportunities.
Also on November 28 and on December 5, the Arlington Farmers Holiday Market will be at Legion Park from 10am to 2pm.
Santa has visited Arlington, and we have a video to prove it! The video will play on a big screen at Legion Park from 10am-3pm. See Santa’s adventures in Arlington. Mrs. Santa will be visiting virtually, and reading children’s stories every Wednesday in December at 7pm on Facebook live and Instagram live, Arlington Hometown Holiday channels (www.facebook.com/ArlingtonHH and https://www.instagram.com/arlingtonhometownholidays/ ).
The “Festive” Sweater contest will be online also. Arlington Lifeway is sponsoring the contest again this year. Check the hometown holiday webpage for information.
Another way to participate is by decorating your home and getting on the Light it Up Arlington map. Or just journey around Arlington using the online map as your guide to holiday lights (www.arlingtonwa.gov/HH).
Starting November 28, children can drop letters to Santa at two locations this year, the Stillaguamish Senior Center Santa letter box and the City Hall Santa letter box. His helpers will responding to letters received by Friday, December 18.